The first week of March was a quick one! I had a lot to be thankful for- here are my five favorite things from the week:
1. Is there anything better than listening to jazz in the mornings while making breakfast and getting ready for the day? It’s mellow, relaxing, but also fun and happy. I’ve been enjoying listening to different jazz stations on Songza and I haven’t found one I don’t like.
2. Coffee with my mentor/pastor of my childhood church. I’ve really enjoyed meeting with her once a month. She’s such an amazing listener and has really helped me through this discernment phase of my life right now.
3. This 3-ingredient coconut-peanut butter mousse. I’ve been whipping it up several times this week and I love it for a quick snack. I’ve used peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower butter and they all taste great!
4. Having Thursday off to spend the day with my sister and going to her Bootcamp class. Working out is always more fun with good company.
5. Despite having a strained back this week and having to back off lifting heavy, I’m constantly motivated by the amazing women that work out at CrossFit 608. I only hope to be as strong as them some day 🙂
Things I’m looking forward to:
1. My parents and my sister getting back from their tropical vacations, listening to stories, and viewing pictures from their adventures.
2. Taking a cooking class on Saturday evening with my sister. We’ll be learning how to make our own pasta and pasta sauces. I can’t wait!
3. Daylight Savings begins on Sunday. Time to “spring forward” and enjoy an extra hour of daylight in the evenings. One step closer to a promise of warmer weather.
Hey, I like your hat.–about the power of kindness and a simple compliment.
Four Keys to Being Content–I had to print this out for a reminder 🙂