Happy Friday! So much to be happy about this week; warmer weather, sun, being outside, and a trip to look forward to! Five things I’m grateful for this week:
1. The Mindy Project is back on TV and I am so pumped! It had been such a long hiatus (or so it seemed) and having 2 episodes back-to-back on Tuesday night was fantastic. It was everything I had remembered; ridiculous, witty, fun, and hilarious. It surpassed The New Girl with funny-ness in it’s first season and I can’t wait to see what happens with Mindy and Danny.
2. Talenti Gelato Sea Salt Caramel is by far the best ice cream I’ve ever had. It’s definitely more ice cream than it is gelato and I love that the ingredient list is pretty basic with no scary looking chemicals. It’s amazing. Buy some this weekend. You won’t regret it.
3. Making this Spring Pea and Lemon Pesto Pizza. I was apprehensive about the lemon slices on the pizza but it turned out surprisingly delicious! This recipe, however, was not “Dad approved” (who has the palate of a 5 year old) so enjoy at your own risk.
4. Spring weather. It was a little windy but nonetheless I took advantage and got out for some running and walking with good company. I forgot how much I missed being outdoors. I’m even more excited to get out for some decent hikes next week!
5. Heading to Boulder, CO on Monday with my sister! I can’t wait to eat amazing food, meander around the city, and visit with family. It’ll be nice to get away and see something new for a bit.
I Stopped Being Vegan and The World Kept Spinning–I loved this post and thought it was a good lesson to remember that our identity isn’t wrapped up in the labels we give ourselves. Listening to what your body wants and understanding that “things change, we change, and it’s OK” is key. What we needed and worked for us a year ago may not work for us today. If I start craving meat again, I will keep this post in mind 🙂
What are you grateful for this week? I hope you have a fun weekend ahead!