Happy Friday! How was your week? I hope you were able to get outdoors and enjoy the warmer weather. The sun was shining, I got outside for a run, had a fun time with workouts at CrossFit, and I’m looking forward to an awesome weekend with family I haven’t seen in forever! Five things that were great this week:
1. Earlier sunrises and later sunsets-it makes waking up at 5 am so much easier and it seems like there are so many more possibilities in the evenings instead of just eating dinner early and going to bed. I don’t feel so cooped up and I’m definitely a more pleasant person to be around when the days are longer, warmer, and sunnier.
2. Cleaning-I realize that this makes me somewhat odd, but I like to clean. Bathrooms are my least favorite but sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, organizing pantries/cupboards, going through closets, etc. I actually enjoy. I think it’s the feeling of productivity when I’m done, or listening to whatever music I feel like, or the fact that it helps clear my head. I went on a cleaning frenzy this week and it felt good!
3. Country music-on the radio or listening to Spotify playlists. I used to never listen to country and always thought I “hated” it, however, working with someone who listens to it all the time has forced me to give country an honest try. I have to say that I’ve liked a lot of it, except for the slow, twangy, ridiculously mushy songs. It’s a welcome change from a lot of the terrible pop stuff the radio is inundated with these days.
4. The Mindy Project season finale- Mindy Kaling is so talented and I wish we were best friends. Every show is hilarious and has me laughing out loud. I’m bummed I have to wait until next fall to see how Mindy and Danny handle their new relationship.
5. This chia pudding. I’ve made it a couple times this week for breakfast or a snack. If you are a big texture person I wouldn’t recommend it. But I love it and it’s worth a try if you aren’t familiar with chia seeds and want to give them a shot. Let me know what you think if you do!
What are your top 5 this week? I hope you have a fun weekend ahead!