I created my bucket list a few years ago with my sisters. I was inspired when I saw a Today Show story on four guys from Canada who set out to complete their list of “100 things to do before you die” while helping others to cross off an item on their own list. MTV approached these guys and a TV show was born, “The Buried Life.” I’ve only seen a handful of episodes but they are hysterical, heartfelt, and inspiring. I also saw the concept of creating a “Reverse Bucket List,” or things you’ve already completed in your life so far. I get caught up in all the places I want to see, things I want to do, and people I want to meet that I forget that life has been pretty amazing so far. Here is my reverse bucket list:
1. Spent a year abroad teaching English in South Korea. It was the best year of my life. I met the most amazing people and learned how to really get out of my comfort zone, understand the concept of “culture shock,” and developed a constant wanderlust and urge to see new places.
2. Traveled to Beijing, Guilin, and Yangshou, China with my best friend and her fiance.
3. Spent 3 months in Australia and traveled down the northeastern coast from Cairns to Sydney with my sister. We went scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, sailing in the Whitsundays, took a tour of Fraser Island, walked the Sydney Harbour Bridge, stayed in countless hostels, met people from all over the world, and worked in a cafe.
4. Traveled to Rome with my sisters and experienced the awesomeness of Italian wine, pasta, and gelato.
5. Earned my Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from UW-Milwaukee.
6.Celebrated numerous friends’ weddings.
7. Swallowed my pride, moved back in with my parents, and learned that life doesn’t go as planned.
8. Ran my first marathon.
9. Fell in love with CrossFit.
10. Earned my certification in Holistic Health Coaching, started blogging, and began seeing clients.
What’s on your reverse bucket list? I hope you have an awesome week and a happy Monday!