Happy Friday! How was your week? I hope it was a good one and that you have plans you are looking forward to this weekend! This first week of June was busy and seemed to drag on as well as fly by. I’m not entirely sure how that makes sense but that’s how it seemed to go. 🙂 Here are five things that brightened up my week:
1. Farmer’s Markets-They might be one of my favorite things about summer. I bought mint, spinach, garlic infused olive oil, and the best iced coffee I’ve ever had last Sunday at a farmer’s market in Greenfield. Everyone is so friendly, the prices are great, and I like being able to help support small, local businesses and farmers.
2. Daydreaming about a trip to Europe in the fall-When I feel restless, I start looking at plane tickets. Amsterdam, London, and Prague are at the top of my list right now.
3. My job-Despite the odd hours sometimes, I really enjoy what I do. I love interacting with people and not sitting at a desk all day. I love listening to clients’ stories about their day, what they’re looking forward to, and what they want to achieve. I love when clients have had a long day of work and the last thing they want to do is exercise, but they work hard anyways and leave in a happier mood. I like being a small part of that.
4. Emails with my sisters that make me laugh out loud-We seem to have an email strain that goes on most days of the week while we are all at work. I love reading an email and being close to tears from laughing so much. It makes it seem like my sisters are right there with me all day.
5. Inspirational quotes-I’m a sucker for a good quote. I don’t know if it’s the fact that they remind me of things I often forget, but I just love them. My favorite this week: “Nothing will work unless you do.” -Maya Angelou
Stress and Weight-So important-I see this with a lot of clients. Stress is a huge factor in weight gain and it can go unnoticed for so long because we don’t even realize how stressed we are or have been. I like that this post explains how stress can lead to weight gain in easily understandable terms.
George and Juli’s Chocolate Mousse with Cinnamon Sauteed Bananas-This looks like a great recipe to try over the weekend. I can’t wait to make this!
What are your five things this week? I hope you have a wonderful weekend!