Happy Friday! How did your week turn out? Again, I feel like the days went by in a complete whirlwind. Every week when I start writing this post I feel like time has never gone by so quickly. It’s the last week of June. The 4th of July is a week away. How is this even possible? We spend over half the year waiting for summer and then it flies by in a blink. I hope you aren’t feeling the same way and that you are looking forward to exciting plans this weekend! Five things I’m thankful for this week:
1. Realizing that some things will always be better in theory: Summerfest is a perfect example. Listening to live music, sure, sounds great. But it seems as though I’ve forgotten about the massive crowds, being in such close proximity to drunk strangers, getting jostled around for hours, being spilled on countless times, and the amount of selfies being taken by highschoolers. It was my nightmare. Lesson learned.
2. Crossing items off the to-do list: Because there is never a more accomplished feeling than when you finally do what you set out to do that day.
3. Being picky: Recognizing that I’m at a point in my life where I no longer want to settle for a job that I’m not 100 percent excited about even though I’m eager to take the next step. Being patient is not a strong quality of mine and continuing to wait and work towards a job that fits my criteria is tough. But I’m optimistic that finding this position will happen when it needs to and in the meantime, I will continue to make steps towards finding it.
4. Jamming to country music: I was in my car more than usual this week and it just seems like there isn’t a more perfect combination than driving, summer, and listening to Keith Urban. A year ago, I would not have agreed with this statement. However, now, I think there is nothing more true.
5. Target’s Cartwheel App: Easy to use and saving on items that I’m already going to buy? Yes, please. Thank you Target.
Cyclist Survives Surprising and Serious Attack by a Goose-My sister brought this article to my attention and I can’t imagine anything more terrifying. Take precautions this summer. Yikes.
Have a great weekend full of your favorite people, food, and country songs 🙂