Happy Friday! Hope your week following the holiday wasn’t too brutal and you are looking forward to another awesome summer weekend! I’m looking forward to checking out Art Fair on the Square in Madison on Saturday. I can’t afford a thing but I love checking out all the interesting mixed media pieces, adoring the stunning photography and paintings, and walking around the square eating great food. Here are five things I’m thankful for this week:
1. Doing what I love-I was reminded recently how lucky I am to spend my days doing what I love and not spending them inside at a cubicle. The profession I chose can have crazy hours but I can also take advantage of leisurely mornings, having no problem scheduling appointments during the day, meeting up for lunch, and working on other projects that are important to me. It works for me right now, and I’m thankful.
2. Walks on summer evenings-And parks. And swinging.
3. New recipes-I realized that working evenings had been an excuse for me to not cook anymore. I missed it and decided to try out a couple of new recipes this week. Since I follow so many food blogs I’m never at a loss as to what to try next. I loved these Peach and Avocado Summer Rolls and I’m hoping to try out these Ginger Garlic Steak Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo this weekend.
4. Working outside-Taking advantage of these summer days and working outside as often as I can. The scenery is much better than a desk, I feel more relaxed, and tend not to multi-task as much as I would if I were working inside. The breeze and sun are a nice bonus too.
5. New projects-I am partnering up with a friend on a health coaching program that I’m really excited about. I met her when I was in Boulder back in April and we hit it off right away. She approached me with the idea and I loved it. It’ll be a lot of work but it’s something I’m happy to do and an opportunity to learn a lot.
Five Favorite Links:
What are your five things this week? Have an awesome July weekend!