Happy August! How did we get here?! I hope you had a great week and you are looking forward to doing summer things this weekend. I have absolutely nothing on the docket for this weekend so we’ll see where the wind blows me. This week, I’m thankful for these things that pulled me out of a slump when I needed it most:
1. Evening runs after work-It was unseasonably cool this week which made getting out for a run after a long day actually appealing. I tuned out with a great playlist and ran hard until life seemed good again.
2. Having time fly by while working on a project-Spending time on something I’m excited and passionate about is the easiest way for time to disappear. It’s also a great distraction to worries that seem to occupy my mind lately.
3. Escaping in a book-One of the main reasons why I love reading so much is because I can jump into a world that is not mine and lose myself in the characters and the story. Books have a way of making you feel like you’re not alone.
4. CrossFit workouts-I never want to get out of bed but I have never regretted it either. It might suck when you’re in the middle of it, but I love staying after and chatting about trashy reality TV and life in general. I adore all of the people at CrossFit 608 and I’m so lucky I get to be a part of their community.
5. This song by The Griswold’s-It’s fun and reminds me of driving with my sisters and laughing.
3 Ways To Keep Moving Through Hell–I loved this post. You can try too hard sometimes and it’s OK to take a break.
Have fun this weekend and take some time just for you 🙂