Happy Friday! How was your week? Without a doubt, this was the fastest week of the summer. I know not working on Monday was definitely a contributing factor but even so, how is it Friday already?! I’m not going to complain though. I’m looking forward to this weekend and I hope you are too! It was a fun week and here are my top five:
1. Adding an extra day to the weekend-Taking Monday off and getting out with one of my favorite people to hike, see a movie, shop, and eat awesome sushi was the perfect way to start the week.
2. Being sore-I was more sore than I have ever been this week and it forced me to take a break from working out. I take for granted when I feel healthy, strong, and energetic. This week kept me humble.
3. Living in the moment-I’ve been trying my hardest to focus on the present and not worry so much about what may happen one week, or one month, or a year from now. This is the last month of summer and I plan on really immersing myself in the beautiful weather, longer days, and fun weekends ahead.
4. Being inconvenienced-Having the water shut off two days this week due to a water mane break created a pretty solid inconvenience. I realized how much I rely on clean, running water every day and how awesome it is to live in a country where clean water isn’t an issue. It’s good for my usual routine to be thrown off and it didn’t turn out so bad in the end.
5. Plans to look forward to-Hanging out with my favorite CrossFitters tonight and celebrating my grandma’s birthday with family on Saturday!
Following Your Heart: Stop Playing it Safe and Start Really Living-A must-read. I loved this.
How Not To Die Full Of Regrets “Because you are conditioned from a young age to believe that the best path in life is the one most traveled, many of you cannot comprehend the idea of living a life completely on your terms.”
What They Don’t Teach You In School: 21 Life Lessons I Wish I’d Learned Sooner-I love this whole list, but especially 8, 9, and 10.
What are your top 5 things from the week? What are you looking forward to this weekend? Have fun!