Happy Friday! How was your week? It felt like fall this week-colder in the mornings and evenings. Days are getting shorter. The air is crisp with no humidity. Fall can’t possibly be happening already! It’s only mid-August! I still want to swim, and read outside without a sweatshirt, and eat ice cream without shivering. I digress. What are your plans this weekend? I’ll be working on Saturday morning, reuniting with friends in Madison, and being a spectator at a CrossFit competition this weekend. I’m excited! I hope you have fun plans ahead as well. Here are five things that I’m loving:
1. Leisurely afternoons-My official work day doesn’t begin until the afternoon so my mornings are free to work on health coaching projects, listen to lectures, take trips to Madison, and CrossFit with awesome people. I love it and I realize how rare this schedule is so I’m not taking it for granted.
2. Spotify’s “Afternoon Acoustic” playlist-I put this on during the afternoon as background music while I did laundry, read, wrote, and took a quick nap. It was perfect for a summer day. Give it a listen 🙂
3. Trying something new-Shooting a gun for my first time this week was surprisingly fun. I’m a miserable shot but I can’t wait to go again!
4. My morning routine-It’s mundane but I love getting home from an early morning workout, making my favorite breakfast, drinking iced coffee, and opening my laptop to catch up on the latest news of the day and checking out my favorite blogs.
5. Creating this post-I love reading blogs on a daily basis. I love finding posts that speak to me. I love reminding myself what I’m thankful for and why life is good.
Why I Decided to Quit My Soul-Sucking Job–Must-read. “Do whatever you want, because it’s your life, and your time, and you owe it to yourself to enjoy the heck out of it. Work shouldn’t be the bane of your existence; it should be something you are proud of and something that truly enhances your day-to-day life.”
Stuck–It’s ok to feel stuck. Just don’t live there. And read the following link 🙂
Why Trying to Find Your Life’s Purpose Is A Waste Of Time (And What To Do Instead)-If you’re feeling stuck-this is a must-read.
Overcoming The Worst Part Of Finding Your Passion-Feeling the fear and doing it anyway. I loved this.
Have an awesome weekend!