Happy Friday! How was your week? This weather took a turn very quickly and brought with it cold, fall temperatures. Sweatshirts had to be worn and suddenly summer is a distant memory. This week actually didn’t fly by for once, and for that, I am grateful. I felt productive. Relaxed. It was nice. I did receive some not-so-great news about an opportunity that fell through that I was excited for in October. I’m trying to remain positive and patient. Practicing gratitude seems to help me out when I’m feeling disappointed. Here are five things that made this week great:
1. Fall shows-Sons of Anarchy, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Chicago Fire, Parenthood, all premiere within the next couple weeks. This officially marks the fall season, for me at least. Also, I’m thankful for DVR. I can feel less guilty about watching so many shows when I can zip through recaps and commercials and spend less time in front of the TV.
2. The people who brighten my day-I will never stop being thankful for the truly amazing, loving, beautiful people I am blessed to call family and friends. A phone call that starts with tears and ends in laughter, a text message to check in to see how I’m doing, and spending quality time making breakfast and reading The Skimm; all of these moments may seem mundane, but they’re my absolute favorites and make up a wonderful life.
3. Drinking tea-I was inspired to break out the peppermint and lavender teas this week. I love how tea clears up my sinuses from allergies and warms me up in no time.
4. The library-I think libraries are underused gems. As much as I would love to buy books upon books; it can get pretty expensive. I love seeing that the books I’ve placed on hold are ready for pick-up. I’m excited to dive into “Unbroken” by Laura Hillenbrand. There is something about fall that makes me want to read more as well.
5. Buying a plane ticket to London-Finally. I decided to stop talking about London and go see it. I can’t wait. My twin sister and I head out next month! 🙂
The Fitness Existentialist: It Starts With You-A client emailed me this article and it’s worth a read. I really enjoyed it and also believe that change has to begin with you, and no one else.
You Can’t Get Too Much Sleep-I loved this! How many hours of sleep do you need to feel your best?
Why I Became A Solo Female Traveler-This girl is amazing. I loved reading her post and it might inspire a solo trip someday 🙂
When Being Healthy is Unhealthy-Enjoy your treats. Really enjoy them. No guilt required. What do you think about this opinion on “being healthy”?
Stop Waiting For Life To Change-“If this would happen, everything would be perfect.” I’ve been guilty of saying and believing this. This post was a great reminder for me to embrace life now and always be grateful.
What made your week great? I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of warm drinks, delicious food, great company, and lots of laughter!