Happy Friday! September is flying by! How was your week? I tried my best to stay productive and I’m excited to reunite with old friends this weekend and hopefully spend some time doing lots of the following; baking, napping, reading, and getting outside! What are you looking forward to this weekend? Here are five things that made this week awesome:
1. Running with a friend-It was fun catching up with life and getting in a leisurely run. I think this is the best season for running and I’m looking forward to enjoying fall while hitting the trails with good company.
2. Reading about how food can heal-I’ve worked with several clients who have suffered from hypothyroidism and I knew that I needed a refresher on the types of foods that help support the thyroid and adrenals as well as the lifestyle modifications that need to be made. I love learning about how important it is what we put into our bodies and the capability the body has to heal itself when it’s provided with all the right tools.
3. CrossFit-I know that this has made multiple appearances on “Five Things Friday” but it’s such a source of happiness for me that I have to give credit when credit is due. I love pushing myself with workouts and challenging myself with a heavy lift. A great coach, friends, laughs, and lots of sweat makes for the perfect morning.
4. Fall weather-It’s been beautiful this week and I’m doing my best to embrace the change in seasons. It’s been invigorating in a way and I’m looking forward to what this new season has in store.
5. Baking- I’ve been inspired to try new recipes lately and it’s resulted in lots of perusing for delicious, healthy meals and snacks and time in the kitchen. So far, these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins were awesome and these no-bake Coconut Protein Cookies were also a hit. I can’t wait to make this Lasagna-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash and these Pumpkin Oat Bars. Fall is here 🙂
The Real Reason You Love CrossFit-I totally understand this and think that when you find something you love to do that improves your health and happiness; make it a priority and watch the ripple effect it creates in your life.
12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself and Keep Forever-Number 4 and 5 resonated most with me. What about you?
The Science Behind ‘Good Vibes’ and 5 Ways to Draw More of It Into Your Life-I realize how important a positive mindset is in all aspects of life. Manifesting isn’t just some weird, hokey thing we read about and roll our eyes at. I’ve seen it work in my life and I enjoyed reading this post.
What made your week great? Have a wonderful weekend and I hope it brings you lots of laughter and joy!