Happy Friday and October! How was your week? Can you believe we’ve began another month already? September passed before I even knew what was happening. It’s really looking like fall these days-the leaves are almost at their peak and the ground is blanketed with them, the temperatures dropped, and it even smells like fall. This week seemed to fly by for me, what about you? It seems like as much as I want time to slow down it seems to speed up even faster. I have a lot to be thankful for though and here are five things that I loved this week:
1. Writing outside-Leaves falling and the perfect temperature to sit outside comfortably and write, read, and listen to music-all my favorite things!
2. Apple season-Baking these apple-pumpkin muffins and adding in chopped apples and this awesome salad with honeycrisp apples and an amazing maple vinaigrette. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
3. Cooking class-A wonderful client of mine treated me to an Indian cooking class on Wednesday evening and it was awesome! I can’t wait to re-create the sweet potato, black beans, and red pepper salad with mint chutney.
4. Mary Oliver’s poems-I picked up her “New and Selected Poems” volume two from the library and I have enjoyed reading a few every night. I love how she intertwines nature and life lessons in her poems and also like how they force me to read slowly and take in every word.
5. Meal planning for an early birthday dinner-I love feeding people! It was fun putting together a menu for Saturday evening for all my favorite people to enjoy. I hope it turns out well but either way, I’m looking forward to celebrating with amazing friends, lots of laughs, and good conversation.
What Millennials Really Want From The Church-I really enjoyed reading this post and found it very true for me.
How To Stay Sane At The Office-I thought this post would be fitting and hopefully helpful to those that are struggling with the day-to-day frustrations at work. I thought it brought up some great points.
What are five things you loved this week? I hope you are looking forward to your weekend and that it’s everything you need it to be!