Happy Friday! How did your week go? The weather was so rainy and dreary this week and I was constantly tired. I had to make it a point to be in bed by 10 pm or earlier just to make sure I could function the next day. Did the weather affect you? I have been noticing that gratitude is definitely “in” right now. It could be because Thanksgiving is only next month already but I have seen it pop up everywhere it seems. Oprah’s latest magazine is devoted to gratitude and establishing a regular practice, Real Simple magazine also has a nice article in their newest issue, and lots of bloggers have established gratitude posts throughout the week. I love posting on Fridays for this reason too. Gratitude pulls me out of my self-centered “woe is me” ways and helps me realize that life is awesome and to be grateful for it. So here are five things that I loved this week:
1. Celebrating birthdays-Cooking new recipes, baking a cake, decorating, giving gifts…I enjoy it all. I love celebrating the people I love and birthdays are a wonderful day to do just that.
2. Fall recipes-I can’t wait to try this Roasted Butternut Squash and Udon Noodles with Cilantro-Tahini Sauce, these Pear Butternut Squash Muffins, and this Pumpkin Spice Latte Chocolate Pudding Cake. Isn’t fall the best?
3. Crossing off items on a to-do list-Lists keep my mind sane and help me prioritize time. A sense of accomplishment comes with crossing off each item and knowing that I have taken care of what needs to be completed before traveling next week.
4. Pears-They are so good right now! They make the best snack, add-in to salads, and are even great for baking. I can’t get enough!
5. Prepping for London-Trips can be stressful and always include lots of running around on the days leading up to it. I’ve done no trip planning whatsoever and I’m just looking forward to using my guidebook and a friend’s recommendations to help direct the week. Sometimes the best days are the ones with no agenda and exploring the city in your own time. I’m looking forward to it!
17 Habits To Create Long-term Happiness-I enjoyed reading this post and thought you might too.
Little Reminders-Definitely give this a read. Such a wonderful reminder of all the great, small things in life.
Earth In True Perspective-Mind blowing. So cool!
The Only 7 Things You Can Control In Life-We aren’t in control of a lot, but these things are for certain.
Could Minimalism Help You?-I love being a minimalist and have never felt the need to hold on to things or purchase lots of stuff. This annoys all of my family members. Where do you fall on the minimalist spectrum?
What are you grateful for this week? Do you have a gratitude practice? I hope you have a wonderful weekend!