Happy Friday! How was your first week of December? Are you looking forward to the weekend? I plan on writing Christmas cards, doing a bit of shopping, and maybe baking up something good. December kicked off to a nice start and here are five things I enjoyed this week:
1. Evenings-My family put up the Christmas tree last weekend and I’ve been enjoying reading, writing, and falling asleep by the bright glow of the lights. I have watched considerably less TV this year and I have a mountain of Sons of Anarchy episodes to watch, but right now, I’m enjoying the quiet instead. It’s cozy and a nice way to end the day.
2. Coconut butter-I stumbled upon Artisana’s Coconut Butter on Tuesday and decided to give it a try. It’s awesome! I put some on a baked sweet potato and I was in heaven. If you have a foodie on your list this Christmas, this would make the perfect gift!
3. Wheatberries-I love these little, chewy grains. I throw two cups of them in my rice cooker and store them in the fridge for the week. I toss them in salads or combine them with avocado, beans, cheese, chia seeds, and hot sauce for a quick lunch. If you’ve never tried wheatberries before, I highly recommend them! They are whole, unprocessed wheat kernels in their most natural form. They are high in fiber and vitamins B1 and B3. You can use them just how you would rice or quinoa.
4. Sunrise and sunset-Have you noticed how awesome the sunrises and sunsets have been this week? Winter always brings about the most beautiful bright pinks, oranges, deep blues and purples. I’ve been enjoying driving home from the gym this week and having something beautiful to look at along the way.
5. 24 days of togetherness-This has been the highlight of each of my days this week. Enjoying Starbuck’s hot drinks, looking at puppies, reading a new book, photo-booth pictures, baking cookies; I love having something to look forward to each day, even if it’s something silly. It’s not too late! You can create your own 24 days of togetherness with your family, friends, or significant other.
Holiday Gift Guide 2014-Pinterest brings us their best picks for everyone on our list.
What are five highlights from your week? I hope you have a great weekend and enjoying what December has to offer!