It’s Friday already and we have less than two weeks until Christmas! Can you believe it? I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t feel like December to me. I’m not in the holiday spirit one bit unfortunately. What about you? How was your week? I really don’t have my stuff together when it comes to Christmas shopping. I keep hoping that the perfect gift will just come to me and I’ll be set. I’m not a huge fan of just buying stuff to buy stuff so I always try to make my gifts or do something more along the lines of an experience. But my ideas keep falling through and I’m left at square one. I still have time, right? I hope inspiration comes to me this weekend!
You know those days when you might not think a single positive thought? I had a couple of those this week. I realized how negative I had become and I didn’t like who I was at that moment. Here are five things that helped pull me out of that downward spiral of pessimism:
1. Music and cooking-Having music play as loud as I wanted without anyone telling me to turn it down and cooking this Pad Thai recipe. The world was a better place after a bite of this delicious meal. Make it. You won’t be disappointed.
2. Psalms-My sister bought me the book “A Daily Walk Through Psalms” when she saw me flipping through it at a bookstore. I pick it up here and there and enjoy reading excerpts. Yesterday resonated with me most, “God has a plan for you. He will communicate His plans using the Holy Spirit, His Holy Word, and your own conscience. So listen to God’s voice and be watchful for His signs: He will send you messages every day of your life, including this one. Your job is to listen, to learn, to trust, and to act.”
3. Gratitude-It is so easy to get down on myself and lose motivation. As frustrated as I am right now, I have to keep reminding myself that I have parents who are nice enough to let me stay with them, I don’t go to bed hungry, I have a warm place to come home to, and I have people in my life who I love unconditionally and are always there to help. Life is still beautiful even when it’s not working out.
4. Going to bed early-When in doubt, packing it in early and giving myself a really good night’s sleep always does wonders.
5. Looking forward to spending time with friends-Seeing girlfriends I haven’t seen in awhile, catching up, laughing lots, and feeling rejuvenated after hours of talking. I can’t wait.
10 Things To Let Go Before The End Of The Year-I love this.
3 Ways To Embrace Your Need For Quiet Time and Solitude–“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
How To Ruin Your Life-Interesting read. Inspirational too.
What pulls you out of a bad mood? I hope you had a great week and that you are looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!