Happy 2015! A brand new year is here. I hope you had a wonderful New Year’s Eve and enjoyed a day off yesterday! What are you looking forward to this year? I am looking forward to changing my mindset to one that is more positive and productive, starting a new job, traveling to new places, and trying my best to be honest with myself and others. This week really flew by and Friday got here before I knew it. Here are five things I am thankful for this week:
1. Passing my ACSM re-certification exam-It was so nice to take this exam on Monday and get it out of the way. I had been studying for the past two months and it feels like a weight was lifted after passing it.
2. The sun-Sunny days this week has been such a welcome change. I had forgotten what a sunrise looked like and this week had plenty of gorgeous ones. Even though it’s a long time from spring, a sunny day makes it seem much closer.
3. Watching Unbroken-Go see this movie! It is absolutely amazing to see the strength of the human spirit illustrated in this film. I can’t wait to finish the book because I had a lot of questions throughout the movie that I hope the book will go more in depth with. If you are having a bad day, this is the movie that will put life in perspective.
4. Taking a break-When you can’t get rid of a nagging cold, you’ve been consistently getting 1-2 hours less sleep than you need, your skin is breaking out, and you feel run-down…it’s time for rest. And it’s not easy to come by. I didn’t go out this New Year’s Eve and went into hibernation mode instead.
5. Reading through my 2014 memories jar-This year I wrote down things I did, accomplished, quotes I liked, where I traveled, etc. and read through them on New Year’s Day. It was fun to be reminded of what happened throughout the year and I’m excited to do this again for 2015.
What are you thankful for this week? I hope you have a great weekend and that it’s a positive start to the new year!