Happy Friday! It’s the last Friday of January which means we are one month closer to spring! How was your week? What made it great? I had one of those weeks where I got to the end of it and had no idea how I got there. Do you ever drive somewhere and get to your destination and have no real recollection of the drive? Well, that’s kind of how this week went and I think it was mostly due to lack of sleep. However, I’m very much looking forward to sleeping in this weekend and getting in a nap or two! Here are five things that helped me get through the week:
1. Calm app-I downloaded this free app last Sunday and have used it every night this week. You can choose among several different scenes and sounds (my favorite is rain) and you can set a timer for how long you’d like to listen. I have found that having something to listen to helps my mind calm down and has helped me get to sleep much easier.
2. Running-I was able to run a couple times this week and even though it was on a treadmill, I enjoyed it. With my music loud, I could drown out all the other thoughts swirling around in my head. Sometimes I forget how therapeutic running can be and this week reminded me of that.
3. This farro meal bowl-On Tuesday I got home and was in a terrible state. I wasn’t sure which to do first; eat, shower, or cry. I chose to eat and threw together a revised version of this recipe and it ended up as farro, baked sweet potato wedges, chia seed, avocado, feta cheese and topped it off with the awesome dressing. Oh. My. God. Amazing. Maybe it was because I was ready to eat everything and anything in that moment but this recipe saved me. Try it. You won’t be sorry.
4. Chia pudding-This breakfast also saved me this week. I make it the night before ( 3 tbsp. each of chia seeds, cocoa powder, and oats, with 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp. honey, and 2 tbsp. of nut butter) and then grab hard boiled eggs and a few clementines to have for breakfast while I’m at work. Throwing pomegranate seeds into the mix really gives it a little something extra. Give this recipe a try if you find you’ve been rushing out the door lately without giving a thought to breakfast. It’s filling and delicious!
5. Looking forward to Saturday-With my sisters. In Madison. CrossFit. Brunch. Can’t wait.
I hope you have an awesome weekend and set aside time to do something relaxing for yourself! 🙂