Happy Friday! What went well for you this week? What’s going on this weekend? You guys, the forecast is calling for 40 degrees this weekend! Can you believe it? Finally! Also, daylight savings is this weekend and I love having that extra hour of daylight in the evenings. It makes it seem like spring really is just around the corner. I already feel a shift starting to happen in my attitude. Nothing about my situation has changed, but I’m not letting it get me down right now. I have moments of weakness of course, but overall, this week was pretty awesome. Here is what made this week great:
1. Monday morning workout-I finally had the chance to workout with the 5:30 am crowd on Monday and it was awesome! I’ve missed everyone so much and I had a great time working out. It was the best way to start the week!
2. These fudgy maple flourless brownies-I decided to whip these up during my mid-day break yesterday since I was in desperate need of some chocolate. I was apprehensive at first because the batter was pretty liquidy since the recipe called for black beans and no flour, but they turned out great! If you want even more chocolate, I recommend making a simple chocolate ganache (heavy cream and choc. chips), pouring it on top of the brownies, and then throwing it in the fridge to cool. A perfect treat for Friday!
3. Kombucha-I have been on a serious kombucha kick lately. I can’t get enough! I tried a couple new flavors from Kevita this week that I loved; apple kale and pineapple coconut.
4. My rice cooker-I used the porridge setting on my Zojirushi rice cooker to make steel cut oats for my early morning shift this week and it turned out awesome! This rice cooker has never let me down. It makes perfect rice, quinoa, farro, wheatberries, barley, and oats every single time. I love that you can just throw in your grains, add the specified amount of water, and then not worry about it the rest of the day. It’s one of my favorite kitchen must-haves.
5. Brunch at Bassett Street Brunch Club-My sister shared this gem with me awhile ago and I’ve been dreaming about going back and eating one of their life-changing donuts. I’m looking forward to going again this weekend! Their coffee is strong and awesome, the food is local and delicious, and the donuts are made fresh daily and the best things you will ever eat. If you are in Madison, this is a definite stop!
Sticking The Landing-“If you want to be healthy, you have to stop looking for a way to be healthy while continuing your current habits.” This couldn’t be truer and it’s applicable to everything in life. Change requires a huge attitude adjustment and this post hits the nail on the head.
6 Ways To Slow Down The Speed Of Life-I love all six of these things!
9 Lies That Keep Our Schedules Overwhelmed-I always wonder if I’m busy enough, working enough, doing enough. If you ever wonder about the same things, you may find this post helpful.
I hope you are able to enjoy the sun this weekend and get outside for some fresh air! See you Monday!