It’s Friday! What went well for you this week? This week went by in a whirlwind and I have really no idea how it’s Friday already. I think it’s mainly because I felt quite ill for the majority of the week but thank goodness I’m starting to feel better. There just isn’t time to feel crummy this weekend! I really hope that your week was healthy and that you were able to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we’ve been having! Such a welcome change. Here are five things I’m thankful for this week:
1. Having the flu-It’s a weird thing to be thankful for, but man, the flu keeps you humble. I take my health for granted and when you’re hit with the flu, the smallest things seem impossible. Showering? Ugh, do I have to? Throwing a load of laundry in? But it’s all the way downstairs. Going into work? No way. Trying to eat something without your stomach churning? Not happening. It made me realize how good I have it in this body of mine and I need to continue to take care of it.
2. New group training-I’ve started a 6-week small group training session on Tuesdays and Thursdays and love the group that I have. Each of them are hard workers, have great attitudes, and make the hour fly by!
3. Writing my newsletter-As I started working towards my health coaching certification online, I started writing a monthly newsletter. It’s very similar to this blog, general musings about life, sometimes I throw in some awesome recipes, great quotes I love, and things to think about as the month begins. If you’d like to receive it monthly through email, just drop me a message in the comment section below and I’ll add you to the list! I’ve very much enjoyed writing it so far and look forward to it each month.
4. Snacking on these coconut and almond butter energy bites-I actually used cashew butter instead of almond butter and then I added just a bit of honey, and oh my goodness, these were awesome. The coconut butter just gives these little bites a little something extra. I will definitely be making these again!
5. This weekend-I am a lucky girl and being treated to see Kevin Hart this weekend at the Pabst in Milwaukee, enjoying dinner with my sister beforehand, and exploring the city a bit as well. I’m really looking forward to it!
How To Know When It’s The Right Time To Act On Your Dream-“Recognize every choice you make is an opportunity to learn more about yourself and grow. Each choice is only a choice. And you can make a new choice again and again at any point in your journey.” I love this perspective and this wonderful post. I hope you do too!
Have a great weekend and hope it’s filled with your favorite people and some chocolate eggs!