Hey guys! Happy Friday! We made it to the end of the week-how’d it go? I’ve been living out of a duffel bag this week due to the remodeling going on at my parent’s place but it hasn’t been so bad. The weather has been beautiful this week and I’ve been enjoying the sunrises and sunsets each day. With the small life shake-up, I’ve been taking each day as it comes and these five particular things helped keep me sane this week:
1. Having a new place to call home-Temporarily that is 🙂 I’m so lucky to have a boyfriend who doesn’t mind me using his kitchen and having a place to come home to during the day when I’m between work shifts. He puts up with me using my food processor while he’s trying to get homework done and my Type A cleaning personality (my mom says it’s a sickness).
2. She Reads Truth emails-Oh my goodness they have been so good this week! I’ve mentioned these emails once before on my “Five Things Friday” post but I really do recommend receiving them. Every day, the email begins with a bible verse, the context of the bible verse, and then the author shares a personal story (my favorite part) to help us understand it today, in our own busy, crazy world. I look forward to reading them every day.
3. Making these paleo energy bites-I absolutely love using dates in homemade granola bars and energy bites and these were fantastic! The trick is to not eat 5 in one sitting.
4. Visiting with friends and meeting their new baby boy-My heart melted when I saw my oldest friend (we met the first day of kindergarten) holding her brand new baby boy. It was a bit surreal seeing her and her wonderful husband bleary-eyed but glowing over this new addition to their family.
5. Not having a 9 to 5 job-Since graduating college six years ago, I have never worked a 9 to 5 job. There are pros and cons to this but I enjoyed the pros this week by taking a trip to Madison, getting lunch at a food truck, and walking around Lake Mendota on a sunny day with fun company.
Why You Feel Stuck and How To Move Forward-I love this post on how to set intentions and why. I used to set intentions for the week but lately have gotten away from it. This post has inspired me to start again. 🙂
What are five things that helped you out this week? Have a fun weekend! See you Monday!