Hey guys! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? The weather was fantastic here and I was able to get out and enjoy it. As I was thinking about writing this post on Sunday, it dawned on me how much I loved this undemanding and wonderful weekend; it was low-key and no one thing in particular made this weekend amazing, but it was more the culmination of many simple pleasures:
1. Enjoying iced coffees and sitting outside on Saturday morning catching up with my mom.
2. Discovering a mixed CD I made seven years ago and jamming out to it on a drive to Milwaukee.
3. Eating grilled steaks, baked sweet potatoes, steamed green beans, and fruit salad on TV trays with my parents while we talk about how this will be the norm as the remodel continues the next 6 weeks.
4. Getting to bed by 9 pm, sleeping in, and feeling 100% rested.
5. Being able to run a few miles on Sunday morning during a workout at CrossFit.
6. Going for my first bike ride of the year on the trail with my favorite biking companion.
7. Finding out that duck eggs are back at the grocery store and buying 2 dozen to enjoy throughout the week!
8. Cooking a new recipe on Sunday evening while listening to a jazz Spotify playlist.
9. Sharing a big, delicious brownie with ice-cold almond milk.
10. Drinking mint tea while writing this blog post.
What did you enjoy about your weekend? I hope your week is productive, fun, and full of all the simple, awesome things in life. 🙂