Happy Friday! How was your week? I was a day ahead of myself this week so that doesn’t tend to speed things along but that’s OK. I never felt rushed and felt like I could spend time reading a lot of wonderful blog posts (I hope you enjoy the links!), make a new recipe for dinner, and listen to a podcast. What’s going on for the weekend? I’ll be running Crazylegs (an 8k race held in Madison at the end of April) with a few people from the gym and unfortunately, the weather forecast isn’t too stellar. However, even it’s a cold, rainy run, it’ll still be fun to suffer alongside some fun people. 🙂 What made your week a good one? Here are five things I’m loving lately:
1. Spotify-Ultimate Country, Acoustic Afternoon (and morning and evening!), an Instrumental Sunday, and Stress Relief are just a few of the playlists I’ve been listening to lately while I write, read blogs, make dinner, eat breakfast, etc. I love the variety of playlists that Spotify offers and it’s a great way to discover new music!
2. Meal planning-I know, this is usually everyone’s least favorite thing to do, but I’ve been inspired this week by lots of delicious looking paleo recipes and wanting to always try new things. Here is what’s on the menu: grilled pineapple burgers with avocado cream, mahi mahi tacos with tropical salsa, chicken bacon rice bowls, and a healthy fettuccine alfredo.
3. Pinterest-What did we do before Pinterest?! It’s my go-to place to keep all my recipes organized and where I find new ones each week. I visit this site the most frequently and not only get food inspiration but also travel motivation, ideas on books to read, and cool DIY projects.
4. Medjool dates- I think these little pieces of goodness are amazing! I’ve been mostly making energy bites with them but I love dipping them into almond butter or cashew butter for a quick snack or cutting them up and tossing them into oatmeal for some natural sweetness. I just wish they weren’t so expensive!
5. Breakfast lately-Grinding coffee beans and making a lovely cup of coffee to enjoy alongside big, yolk-y duck eggs and a gluten-free English muffin with grass-fed butter and apricot preserves. A breakfast I dream about and can’t wait to devour. Duck eggs are everything.
Stop Living on Autopilot: 5 Ways to Live an Amazing Life: “I didn’t comprehend that I was choosing my path every day. I didn’t realize that by not making a conscious choice to do something better, to be something better, I was following a path to unhappiness.”
50 Things My Future Self Wants Me To Know: I read this post and it made me think about what advice my future self would have for me. What would your future self want you to know?
5 Questions To Ask Yourself Every Day: I love these.
The Fastest Way To Get Happy: I thought that writing down a bucket list but with life lessons you want to learn instead was such a cool idea. It provides a great start to figure out what is important to you in life and paves a path for you to start making steps towards wisdom and fulfillment.
This One Small Change Makes It So Much Easier To Stick With Your Fitness Routine: “Placing the fitness focus on external goals, as opposed to the internal experience of exercise, makes working out seem more like a chore—a step that must be accomplished to get what we really want, as opposed to an experience or a reward in and of itself. There’s nothing wrong with having external or aesthetic goals, but in my experience, most clients who are able to find true, long-term success also tend to fall in love with the process itself.” Such a good read and I completely agree with this writer’s viewpoint.
What are five things you are loving lately? I hope you have a great weekend with plenty of time to relax and recharge!