Hallelujah it’s Friday! We made it! How was your week? Mine went by quickly but it didn’t seem to have any sort of flow to it whatsoever. My work schedule was more segmented than usual and unfortunately, I felt disjointed with workouts and sleep as well. However, I’m ready to put this week behind me and be thankful for these five things that made it all worthwhile:
1. The little things in life-Chatting with my mom over coffee, an email from my little sister whom I miss dearly, rejuvenating naps, and comforting hugs after a long day-it’s the small things that make all the difference.
2. A new book to enjoy-It’s actually been awhile since I’ve read a nice, easy novel. I picked up “I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You” by Courtney Maum. I’ve heard good things so far and I’m excited to jump in this weekend.
3. 10 minutes of stretching every day-Since writing Monday’s post, I was inspired to start stretching for at least 10 minutes every day for the next 30 days. I have chronically tight hamstrings and hip flexors and some extra TLC for the next month can’t hurt.
4. Sleep in-make a big breakfast- iced coffee kind-of-mornings-Mornings you don’t have to be a slave to the alarm, read leisurely in bed, and then enjoy eggs and pancakes alongside great company are the mornings I live for.
5. A long weekend ahead-Here’s to fun times with family, good eats, fun workouts, and naps! But also, thanking those who have served our country and remembering those that have passed while doing so. We’ll be doing the hero workout “Murph” at CrossFit 608 on Monday in memory of Lt. Michael Murphy who died in Afghanistan in 2005.
You Should Just Go-Your inspiration to take a last minute trip this weekend.
5 Things To Remember When You’re Going Through a Rough Patch-I loved this list and will try my best to keep these in mind on the rough days.
What are you thankful for this week? I hope you enjoy this long weekend and that it’s all you need it to be and more! 🙂