Good morning and happy Friday! How did your week turn out? Due to the holiday on Monday, I was all thrown off with my work schedule and it took me a couple days to get back into the swing of things. We had some beautiful weather and perfect summer evenings that inspire walks, grilling things, and eating outside. What were you thankful for this week? Here are my top 5:
1. Getting inspired to try a bunch of seasonal recipes: It’s finally summer and food blogs are posting new summer recipes left and right! A few I can’t wait to try: Avocado and Lemon Zest Spaghetti, Orange-Coconut Creamsicles, and Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini Noodles.
2. A reminder that we all struggle-Sometimes it’s easy to think that we are the only ones having a tough time with work and life in general. I had several reminders this week working with clients and talking with my parents that we all are carrying a heavy load. It made me realize that kindness and helping to support others (a hug, a phone call, running an errand, etc.) means so much when we are struggling. I’ve had a lot of support this week and for that I am forever thankful.
3. This salad-I didn’t have radicchio or scallions, but I added in some mixed greens, 1/4 c. yellow onion, broccoli, and shrimp and it was delicious. This salad is super versatile but I think the goat cheese, farro, and the dressing are what makes this so good!
4. Lobster tail for dinner-I was surprised by an amazing meal on Tuesday this week! There was no occasion to celebrate and I was scrambling trying to figure out what to throw together for dinner when in walks the best guy ever with lobster tails in hand. They were awesome and it was such a treat!
5. Getting out of town this weekend-We aren’t going far but it’ll be cool to explore a different city for a bit while watching some ridiculously strong athletes compete in the CrossFit Central Regional.
9 Things I Learned While Driving Across The United States-This is a great read!
Enjoy this beautiful weekend ahead!