Hey guys, happy Friday to you! How was your week? What went well? This first week of June was pretty decent weather with lots of sun and warmer temperatures. It felt great to sleep with the windows open, read outdoors, and see more people out and about. I think this weather really inspires people to be more active, take vacation days, have more fun, and get together with others. I think because we live in the Midwest we understand that beautiful weather does not come around too often and we definitely enjoy it while we can. What are five things that made your week great? Here are my top 5:
1. Awesome fruit-Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries have been especially good lately. I’ve also enjoyed some great cherries and ripe pineapple. Summer has the best produce and I eat my fair share. For a delicious dessert, try fruit dipped in chocolate sauce (2 tbsp. coconut oil, 2 tbsp. of maple syrup, and about 1/4 c. cocoa powder). Adjust the cocoa powder and maple syrup to your liking and if you are feeling it, I like to add 1-2 tbsp of almond butter. It’s awesome! And if you have the patience, dip the fruit in the chocolate and put on a plate in the refrigerator for a super simple chocolate-covered treat later!
2. All the good reads-The links I posted below are awesome, helpful, and inspiring. I’m also loving the book I’m reading right now and can’t wait to finish it up. I hope to pick up a new book this weekend too!
3. A lovely spontaneous day-My sister dropped in on Tuesday, we worked out together, and then the family got together for some grilling in the evening. It felt like a weekend night and I hope I can have more nights like this one soon!
4. Eating outside-We had some amazing weather this week which made it perfect to enjoy eating dinner outside in the evenings and chatting outside over iced coffees. I can get used to this. 🙂
5. Looking forward to Saturday-I get to enjoy the beautiful weather, go to the Comedy Club in Madison, and catch up with an old friend. Only good things!
15 Ways To Bring More Joy Into Your Life-#5, 12, and 13!
10 Things To Remember If You Want To Do What You Love For A Living-So many good things in this post!
7 Alternative Bucket List Goals-What do you think of these?
How To Overcome Frustration-Three easy steps and ones I must certainly keep in mind.
Enjoy the awesome weekend ahead! I’ll see you Monday 🙂