Happy Friday! How are we mid-June already? Where does the time go? How was your week? It was a total whirlwind for me and today I find myself a bit frazzled with the to-do’s but let’s get to why this week was so great! Here are the top five things that made this week awesome:
1. My favorite guy is home-After a week and a half of being gone, I’m so happy he’s back home! I got to update him on the dramatic happenings of The Bachelorette (I can not WAIT for Monday’s episode!), workout together, make dinners together, and chat about life happenings.
2. A trip to Devil’s Lake-My schedule allowed for it so yesterday we made the trip to Devil’s Lake and spent the day hiking the trails and enjoying the perfect summer weather. Why can’t it be like this year round?!
3. New water bottle infuser-My mom had an extra one lying around and I couldn’t wait to put it to good use. I’ve been throwing in frozen berries with mint, cucumbers, and lemon. It’s awesome and definitely has me refilling my water bottle more often.
4. Country music-It’s not summer without country music and lately I’ve been loving Keith Urban’s newest “John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16” and Hunter Hayes’s “21”.
5. Looking forward to celebrating Father’s Day-A cookout with the family to celebrate my dad’s stellar grilling skills and the fact that he’s a cool dad will be happening and I plan on bringing this watermelon and kale salad along. Yay for summer recipes and get-togethers!
How Highly Sensitive People Interact With The World Differently-I loved this article because I have been blessed (or cursed) with this personality trait. I know I drive others around me crazy sometimes due to how much over-thinking and processing I do with lots of situations in life. This post hit the nail on the head with how I interact with my environment.
8 Reasons Millennials Seem To Be Lazy At Work-Kind of a cool look at how our generation is in the workforce. I found myself nodding my head in agreement to several of these statements. What do you think?
Why Does Every Girl Think She Needs To Lose Weight?-I adore Whitney and love reading her posts. I feel like we’d be great friends if we lived in the same city. This post was relateable and incredibly true. Why are we so hard on ourselves?
Complete This Italian Teacher’s Summer Assignment: This is fantastic. I wish I had gotten this assignment from one of my teacher’s before heading off on summer break. What would you think if you received this on the last day of school?
What are your top 5 this week? Happy summer weekend! See you Monday!