Happy Friday to you! I hope this first week of August had the perfect balance among work, down-time, being productive, and also having time to do the things you enjoy. This first half of the week seemed to really drag for me and by the time Thursday rolled around, I was feeling the effects of not quite enough sleep, tough workouts, and desperately wanting the work commute to be cut short. However, despite these things, I have a lot to be thankful for and I had to remind myself of that each night after arriving home. What are your five things this week? Here are a few of my highlights:
1. Arriving home to dinner already made, a big hug, and catching up with the happenings of the day…it’s the simplest thing but it’s what I look forward to every day. I realize how lucky I am and don’t ever want to take it for granted. 🙂
2. Taking on new things. Meeting with a new personal training client and coaching a couple classes to help a new CrossFitter learn the fundamentals has made the mornings this week go extra fast. I’ve enjoyed working with new faces and look forward to seeing how well they progress.
3. KeVita’s newest kombucha products; turmeric ginger, chili lime ginger, and cinnamon. I was so excited when I saw these new flavors and purchased one of each on Sunday. I loved all of them, especially the chili lime ginger! So good, refreshing, and delicious!
4. Going on a run. It’s been way too long since I decided to lace up my running shoes and just go. No ipod. No GPS watch. Just me and a trail. It was a cooler summer morning and the only way I wanted to enjoy it was to get outside and go do what I used to love.
5. Looking forward to seeing my sisters this weekend. We don’t have anything planned but that has never mattered much. We will most likely talk for hours about everything under the sun, laugh lots, and take naps.
The Height of Summer-The best days are still ahead of us 🙂
19 Charts That Will Help You Be An Actual Adult-Humorous and useful!
I hope you enjoy your weekend and I’ll see you Monday!