A very happy Friday to you! March is winding down already and this week in particular went quite fast. How did the week go for you? What are you looking forward to this weekend?
I was sick all week and decided to stay home from work on Monday hoping the extra rest would help kick this awful cold, but it didn’t seem to do the trick. Sleep hasn’t been good, my nose is raw from constant tissue-use, and my chest burns whenever I cough. So I’ve been a treat to live with this week. I haven’t been working out like I usually do during the week which is what I look forward to in my day-to-day so I’ve been missing that as well. But with being sick and feeling sorry for myself, I decided to create a list of twenty things that make me happy, prompted by the “Rock your happy” newsletter. I needed to do something to break me out of my woe-is-me attitude, but also to remind me that gratitude is a best practice that I need to do more of. Here are my twenty things:
1. Fresh air coming through the screen patio door on Monday
2. Birds chirping in the morning.
3. Walks around the pond when the sun is setting.
4. Family time last Sunday to celebrate my dad’s birthday.
5. Library books ready to be picked up.
6. Sales at Kohl’s and always saving way more than you spend.
7. These 5-ingredient banana muffins that turn out every time 🙂
9. The first day of Spring
10. Listening to my body and taking the rest that it needed earlier this week.
11. Looking forward to the Virgin Islands in just six days! This trip has been so anticipated and I can’t wait to see the ocean, feel the sand in my toes, and breathe fresh sea air.
12. My sisters because they are wonderful humans and I love them so much.
13. Music that makes you feel good. My sister introduced me to “Judah & the Lion” and I love them. I’ve been out of the loop for awhile clearly, but I’ve been listening to them all week.
14. When your mom checks in on you when you’re sick even when your thirty years old.
15. A client bringing in 85% dark chocolate bars for me because they were on sale and she knew I loved dark chocolate.
16. Emily Freeman’s weekly newsletters
17. Home-cooked meals every night. I love this recipe since it’s delicious and super simple.
18. When Tom makes me laugh
19. Watching Sunday’s message online when you missed church on Sunday. I love that they post sermons online. Best idea ever.
20. An open, no-plans weekend 🙂
Whatever sort of week you had, I would love to hear about the things that make you happy! Leave me a comment below 🙂 Happy weekend!